Date – Sun, Aug 6, 2023
Location – Sheraton Wall Centre 1000 Burrard St. Vancouver, BC V6Z 2R9 Canada
Price – CA$78.19
Time – 4:00 PM – 9:00 PM PDT
Hours – 5 hours
About This Event
“Chicas in the Afternoon 2023” is a post-parade afternoon party for lesbians and friends, organized by Flygirl Productions. The event is set to take place in the beautiful gardens of Vancouver’s Sheraton Wall Centre. It is described as more than just a party, but a kaleidoscope of joy and a full-on racket of elevated debauchery. The event features picnic blankets, frosty cocktails & mocktails, unicorn floats, and phenomenal music, all just steps away from Davie village. Everyone is welcome to join the event.
This year, the event is excited to welcome DJ Amara from Los Angeles, who has opened for incredible talents such as Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Iggy Azalea, Salt N Pepa, Pat Benatar, Crystal Waters, and Chaka Khan, to name a few. DJ Amara will be joined by Pride veterans Riki Rocket, Slade, and long-time Vancouver favorite DJ Betti Forde. DJ Amara is known for her eclectic, vibrant, and soulful style, mixing various genres and giving listeners a unique flavor of hybrid beats and rhythms. She has over 15 years of experience and has performed at many noteworthy venues and events across the globe.
DJ Rocket, an Indigenous LGBTQ Canadian DJ, has been a professional in the music industry since 2002. She specializes in House, RnB, HipHop, Electro & Indie. She has played numerous clubs throughout the South of England and has played at festivals and events in Europe including Dublin, Gran Canaria, and Zurich.
Betti Forde has deejayed internationally for twenty-five years, sharing stages with everyone from Frankie Knuckles to Cyndi Lauper and headlining Pride parties throughout Canada. She records and performs with the legendary electro-funk-rap group Stink Mitt and occasionally delves into production.
Flygirl Productions, the organizer of the event, is known for creating legendary Pride experiences since 2001. They produce award-winning events for lesbian, bi-sexual and queer women, LGBTQIA folks, and all allies to party, connect with new friends, and maybe even find someone special. Their events are inclusive of all genders, sexualities, ethnicities, and body-types. Their mission is to bring people together to celebrate our authentic selves, cultivate community, and share the love—both on and off the dance floor. They are a small, tight-knit group that puts on big events. They also volunteer, raise funds, partner with non-profits, create alliances, and take a stand for causes they believe in.
How to Book Ticket For The Event?
To book a ticket for the “Chicas in the Afternoon 2023” event, you can follow these steps:
- Visit the Eventbrite page for the event.
- Click on the “Get tickets” button.
- Select the number of tickets you want to purchase (there is a limit of 10 tickets per person).
- Proceed to checkout and provide the necessary information.
- Complete the payment process.
After purchasing, you can either print your e-ticket and bring it to the event, or you can download the Eventbrite App and access your ticket digitally. Please note that all events will be videotaped and photographed, and the images may be used in promotional materials. Also, the event has a no refund policy, with the exception of the event being cancelled.
The phone number for Flygirl Productions is (604) 839-9819.
Essential Tips for Attending Chicas in the Afternoon 2023
Attending an event like “Chicas in the Afternoon 2023” can be a lot of fun, but it’s also important to prepare properly to make the most of your experience. Here are some tips:
- What to Bring: Remember to bring your ticket, either printed or on your mobile device. Also, consider bringing a picnic blanket as the event mentions the availability of such a setting. If you plan on drinking, bring your ID to verify your age. It might also be a good idea to bring some cash or a card for any purchases you might want to make.
- What to Wear: As this is an outdoor, daytime event in the summer, dress comfortably and appropriately for the weather. Consider wearing breathable, light-colored clothing to keep cool. Don’t forget your sunglasses, a hat, and sunscreen to protect yourself from the sun. Comfortable shoes are a must, especially if you plan on dancing.
- When to Arrive: The event organizers suggest arriving early as door admission is limited. This will also give you a chance to settle in, find a good spot, and maybe even make some new friends before the event starts.
- Stay Hydrated: It’s important to stay hydrated, especially if it’s a hot day and you’ll be dancing. Water stations are usually available at these types of events, but it’s always a good idea to bring a water bottle just in case.
- Respect the Venue: Remember that the event is taking place in a public space, so be respectful of the venue and the people around you. This includes disposing of any trash properly and being mindful of noise levels.
- Plan Your Transportation: If you plan on drinking, make sure you have a designated driver or use public transportation, a taxi, or a ride-sharing service.
- Stay Safe: Lastly, remember to look after yourself and your belongings. Keep an eye on your drinks and personal items at all times.
More to Consider
- Wanted to know About Other Events, Visit Our Event Page
- Get Comprehensive Information About British Columbia on Civic Holiday