Date – August 7 · 5pm – August 10 · 12pm MDT
Location – Camp Harmattan RR40, AB West of Olds, AB T4H1P3 Canada
Price – From CA$225
Ticket – Mobile eTicket
Hours – 2 days 19 hours
About This Event
The EC Youth Summer Camp 2023 is a 4-day/3-night event that promises an exciting time of worship, teaching, and epic adventure. This is the second annual camp organized by Experience Church and it is designed for youth between Grade 7-12. The camp will be held at Camp Harmattan, a beautiful location nestled in a valley beside a river.
The camp offers a variety of activities including axe throwing, rock climbing, giant games, cabin wars, and other incredible events. The camp aims to provide a unique and memorable experience for all attendees. The guest speaker for the camp is Ps Koby Liesch from Vivid Church, Vancouver. Koby, who has been in full-time ministry for 16 years, is known for his contagious energy and love for the church and its community.
The camp also provides a range of amenities such as fire pits, a Gaga Ball Pit, a basketball court, 9-Square Court, axe throwing lanes, a dual-sided climbing wall, and river access. New camper dorms are also available. The sleeping arrangements are organized into Boys Lodge Rooms and Girls Lodge Rooms, with a maximum of 11 people per cabin.
The camp also takes into account the spiritual growth of the campers. There will be multiple time slots where everyone will come together as a large group for a chapel session to worship and hear a message from a speaker. There will be sessions that leaders can facilitate safe sharing and discussion time after each chapel session.
Safety is a priority at the camp. Designated Medical Personnel (DMP) are on site at all times, and these individuals are trained in CPR and First Aid. They will oversee the storage and administering of any medications campers may require. Staff and volunteers have current Criminal Record Checks with Vulnerable Sector Searches on file. All activities at the camp will be supervised by competent staff and/or leadership volunteers.
The cost for students is $225.00/person, which includes meals, snacks, and extra activities such as axe throwing and climbing wall. If a camper has any allergies or specific dietary requirements, the staff should be informed well in advance so they can plan to bring applicable alternatives. There is also a bus available for transportation to and from the camp, at an additional cost of $35 per youth.
How to Book Ticket For The Event?
To book a ticket for the EC Youth Summer Camp 2023, you can follow these steps:
- Visit the Eventbrite page for the event at this link.
- On the event page, you should see an option to “Get tickets”. Click on this button.
- You will be taken to a page where you can select the number of tickets you want to purchase. Select the desired number and click on “Checkout”.
- You will then be prompted to fill in your information, including your name, email address, and payment details.
- After filling in all the necessary information, click on “Place order” or a similar button to finalize your purchase.
Please note that the cost for students is $225.00/person, which includes meals, snacks, and extra activities such as axe throwing and climbing wall. There is also a bus available for transportation to and from the camp, at an additional cost of $35 per youth.
The official contact details for the organizer, Experience Church, are as follows:
Email: [email protected]
Mailing Address: 6555 30 St SE, Calgary, AB T2C 1R4, Canada
Essential Tips for Attending EC Youth Summer Camp – 2023
Here are some tips on how to prepare for the EC Youth Summer Camp 2023:
- What to Bring: Pack essentials such as swimwear, sleepwear, comfortable and loose clothing, extra changes of warm clothes and cool clothes, clothes for cold nights (sweater, sweat pants, etc.), clothing for warm days (shorts, t-shirts), beach towel, bathing suit, rain jacket, sunscreen, insect repellant, hat & sunglasses.Don’t forget toiletries and personal items: soap, shampoo, hairbrush/comb, washcloth, toothpaste, personal hygiene items. You’ll also need shoes & sandals/flip flops, a sleeping bag & pillow, shower towel, flashlight and extra batteries, refillable water bottle, Bible and notebook.If you take regular or other medication (like Tylenol, etc.), be sure to bring it. Also, bring some cash for the canteen.
- What to Wear: The camp involves a lot of outdoor activities, so it’s best to wear comfortable, loose clothing that you don’t mind getting dirty. Also, remember to pack both warm and cool clothes as the temperature can vary. Don’t forget your swimwear for any water activities and a rain jacket in case of wet weather.
- When to Arrive: Arrival and registration at Camp Harmattan will be at 5:00 pm on August 7th. It’s a good idea to arrive a bit early to give yourself plenty of time to check in and get settled.
- Dietary Requirements: If you have any allergies or specific dietary requirements, make sure to inform the staff well in advance so they can plan to bring applicable alternatives.
- Transportation: If you need transportation to and from the camp, remember that there is a bus available at an additional cost of $35 per youth.
- Spiritual Preparation: The camp includes times of worship and teaching, so you might want to bring a Bible and a notebook for any notes you want to take during these sessions.
- Safety Measures: The camp has designated medical personnel (DMP) on site at all times, and all activities will be supervised by competent staff and/or leadership volunteers. However, it’s still important to be mindful of your own safety and the safety of others during the camp.
More to Consider
- Wanted to know About Other Events, Visit Our Event Page
- Get Comprehensive Information About Alberta on Civic Holiday