Date – Mon, Aug 7, 2023
Location – 275 Dans Rd 275 Dans Road Nanaimo, BC V9X 1E3 Canada
Price – $17.31
Time – 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM PDT
Hours – 1 hour
About This Event
The event is called “Nagomi Yoga” and it is a self-care technique that combines traditional Indian yoga philosophy with ancient Japanese practices. The event is organized by Aiko, an artist and Japanese Yoga instructor.”Nagomi Yoga” is designed to restore your body’s balance. It is an accessible self-care technique that uniquely combines traditional Indian yoga philosophy with the ancient Japanese practice of using your hands to activate your body’s natural healing ability to treat misalignment or illness in your body. You do not need any prior experience or flexibility to practice Nagomi Yoga – it is simple and extremely gentle, making it accessible to people of all physical abilities.
“Nagomi” in Japanese means the feeling of peacefulness and comfort. Its Japanese character represents a circle and harmony. Nagomi Yoga was founded in Japan by Gandhari Matsumoto. She learned, after more than twenty years of psychological counselling and group therapy, that the well-being of one’s mind and body are interconnected. When the condition of someone’s body is adjusted, their mind also changes.
The fastest and most effective way to help people tap into the power of their minds was to, very gently, free their bodies of any ailments that were holding them back. And that’s exactly what Nagomi Yoga does.
Because our minds cannot feel pain, painful emotions often culminate in pain in our bodies. For example, if you are experiencing severe stress, you will often feel pain and stiffness in your body. Once you release that physical tension, then you are able to release the stress from your mind.
For example, if you press your cheeks close to your mouth and it feels painful, it is a sign that you have some stress from not being able to express what you want to say. Once you are aware of this symptom, then you can release the tension, and fully relax your mind.
The class duration is 1 hour and the fee is $15 per session.
How to Book Ticket For The Event?
Here are the steps to book a ticket for the Nagomi Yoga event:
- Visit the Nagomi Yoga event page on Eventbrite.
- Look for the option that says “Select a date”.
- Click on “Select a date” and choose the date that suits you.
- After selecting the date, follow the prompts to proceed with the purchase.
- Complete the payment process. The fee for each session is $15.
- Once the payment is successful, you will receive a confirmation.
- Remember, Eventbrite’s fee is nonrefundable.
- If you encounter any issues or need to request a refund, you can contact the organizer, Aiko, directly through the Eventbrite page.
You can able to reach out to her through the following platforms:
- LinkedIn: Aiko Ota – Yoga Teacher & Menstrual Coach
- Instagram: Aiko (@li.aiko)
- Website: Yoga Following Your Menstrual Cycle by Aiko
Essential Tips for Attending Nagomi Yoga
Attending a yoga event like Nagomi Yoga requires some preparation to ensure you have the best experience. Here are some tips:
- What to Wear: Wear comfortable clothing that allows for a full range of motion. Yoga is all about stretching and moving your body, so you don’t want your clothes to restrict your movements. Avoid wearing anything too loose, as it might get in your way during certain poses.
- What to Bring: Bring a yoga mat if you have one. Some yoga events provide mats, but it’s always a good idea to have your own. You might also want to bring a water bottle to stay hydrated, and a towel if you tend to sweat a lot.
- When to Arrive: Try to arrive at least 15-20 minutes before the event starts. This will give you time to set up your mat, use the restroom, and relax before the class begins. Arriving early also allows you to choose a spot where you feel most comfortable.
- Food and Drink: Avoid eating a heavy meal 2-3 hours before the yoga session. Practicing yoga on a full stomach can be uncomfortable. If you need a snack before the session, opt for something light like a piece of fruit.
- Mindset: Come with an open mind and be ready to relax and focus on your body and breath. Yoga is not only a physical practice but also a mental one. It’s a time to disconnect from the outside world and connect with yourself.
- Health Conditions: If you have any health conditions or injuries, inform the instructor before the class begins so they can provide modifications for certain poses if necessary.
More to Consider
- Wanted to know About Other Events, Visit Our Event Page
- Get Comprehensive Information About British Columbia on Civic Holiday
More Events In British Columbia
Date – Mon, Aug 7, 2023 Location – Coquitlam Burke Mountain Constituency Office 510-2950 Glen Drive Coquitlam, BC V3b0j1 Canada Price – Free Time – 1:30 PM – 3:30 PM PDT Hours – 2 hours About This Event The event is titled “MLA Fin Donnelly’s BC Day Open House”. It is a celebration of British Columbia, organized by MLA Fin Donnelly….
Date – Saturday, August 5, 2023 Location – Downtown Victoria Downtown Victoria, BC V8P Canada Price – $65.16 Time – 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM PDT Hours – 2 hours About This Event The Victoria Clue Solving Adventure – After the Gold Rush is an engaging outdoor event that promises a thrilling adventure through Victoria’s charming old streets, alleys, and shops….
Date – Saturday, August 5 Location – Moss Street Market 1330 Fairfield Road Victoria, BC V8S 5J1 Canada Price – CA$20.00 Time – 11:30am – 2:30pm PDT Hours – 3 hours About This Event The Food Day Canada Celebration is a significant event that aims to honor and support local farmers and food producers. The event is organized by Food Day…
Date – Sat, Aug 5, 2023 Location – Clayoquot Sound Theatre 380 Campbell Street Tofino, BC V0R 2Z0 Canada Price – From $34.94 Time – 8:00 PM – 10:00 PM PDT Hours – 2 hours About This Event The event is a night of stand-up comedy featuring Julie Kim, a world-touring comedian, presented by ECL Productions. The tickets for the event…
Date – Sat, Aug 5, 2023 Location – TBA 948 Ellis St Kelowna, BC V1Y 1Y9 Canada Price – From $170.67 Time – 11:00 AM – 2:30 PM PDT Hours – 3 hours 30 minutes About This Event The Kelowna Food e-Bike Tours is an exciting event that combines the thrill of cycling with the delight of food tasting. Organized by…
Date – Sunday, August 6 Location – Okanagan Heritage Museum 470 Queensway Ave Kelowna, BC V1Y 6S7 Canada Price – CA$17.31 Time – 10am – 12pm PDT Hours – 2 hours About This Event The Downtown Scoop: A Walking Tour is an event organized by the Kelowna Museums Society that offers a unique way to explore the history of Kelowna….
Date – Monday, August 7 Location – Online Price – $22.73 Time – 1 – 2:15pm EDT Hours – 1 hour 15 Minutes About This Event The Breathwork Healing Session, also known as the Joy of Breathing, is an event hosted by Soul Dimension. It is designed to make participants feel more vibrantly alive and consciously connected with their inner…
Date – Sunday, August 6 Location – Online Price – Free Time – 7 – 8pm EDT Hours – 1 hour About This Event The event titled “Online Free Masterclass: HOW TO HAVE A HEALTHY RELATIONSHIP (for women)” is an online self-study masterclass designed for women who are seeking to understand how to have a healthy relationship. The masterclass is…
Date – Starts on Sat, Aug 5, 2023 7:00 PM PDT Location – Illusions the Drag Queen Show Vancouver 817 Granville St Vancouver, BC V6Z 1K3 Canada Price – From $12.41 Refund – No Refunds Hours – 1 hour About This Event The Illusions Drag Queen Show is a spectacular event that combines comedy and burlesque-style performances by some of the…
Date – Sun, Aug 6, 2023 9:30 PM – Mon, Aug 7, 2023 3:00 AM PDT Location – Good Co. Granville 965 Granville Street Vancouver, BC V6Z 1L3 Canada Price – Free Ticket – Mobile E Ticket Hours – 5.5 hour About This Event The Long-weekend Reggaeton Party at GoodCo Granville is a highly anticipated event organized by Vancouver Student Events,…
Date – Sat Aug 05, 2023 (GMT-07:00) Location – 1755 Davie St 1755 Davie Street Vancouver, BC V6G 1W5 Canada Price – CA$24.89 Time – 07:30 pm to 08:30 pm Hours – 1 hour About This Event This event is a comedy show featuring some of the best improvisers in North America. The show is unique every week, with the only…
Date – Sat, Aug 5, 2023 Location – The American 926 Main Street Vancouver, BC V6A 2W1 Canada Price – CA$30.00 Time – 2:00 PM – 4:30 PM PDT Hours – 2 hours 30 minutes About This Event The event titled “TELEPHONE BRUNCH – LATE SEATING – VANCOUVER PRIDE” is a Lady Gaga and Beyonce themed brunch and day party. The…
Date – Mon, Aug 7, 2023 Location – Portland Craft 3835 Main Street Vancouver, BC V5V 3P1 Canada Price – From $6.32 Time – 8:30 PM – 10:30 PM PDT Hours – 2 hours About This Event The event titled “Crumby Comedy at Portland Craft” is a stand-up comedy show organized by MT Promises Productions. The event takes place every Monday…
Date – Sun, Aug 6, 2023 Location – Sheraton Wall Centre 1000 Burrard St. Vancouver, BC V6Z 2R9 Canada Price – CA$78.19 Time – 4:00 PM – 9:00 PM PDT Hours – 5 hours About This Event “Chicas in the Afternoon 2023” is a post-parade afternoon party for lesbians and friends, organized by Flygirl Productions. The event is set to take…
Date – Sat, Aug 5, 2023 10:00 PM – Sun, Aug 6, 2023 3:00 AM PDT Location – LEVELS x XS Night Club 560 Seymour Street Vancouver, BC V6B 0A8 Canada Price – Free Ticket – Mobile eTicket Hours – 5 hours About This Event The “Ultra Saturdays GUESTLIST” event is a unique nightlife experience organized by Vancouver Student Events. This…
Date – August 7 · 5pm – August 10 · 12pm MDT Location – The RCC 2114 West 4th Avenue Vancouver, BC V6K 4R8 Canada Price – CA$18.89 Ticket – Mobile eTicket Refund – Contact the organizer to request a refund. About This Event “Jokes Please!” is an award-winning stand-up comedy show that has been a weekly favorite for the past…