Date – Mon, Aug 7, 2023 9:30 AM – Fri, Aug 11, 2023
Location – 205 – 120 16 Ave NE 120 16 Avenue Northeast Calgary, AB T2E 1J9 Canada
Price – CA$426.27
Time – 4:00 PM MDT
About This Event
The “Wizardry, Magic, Sorcery and Supernatural Themed Acting Summer Camps” is an extraordinary summer camp experience tailored for tweens and teenagers. The camp is designed to bring the magic of their favorite movies and TV shows to life. Some of the popular shows and movies that can be explored during the camp include Harry Potter, The Owl House, School of Good and Evil, Wednesday, Dungeons & Dragons, The Witcher, and Lord of the Rings.
The camp offers an enchanting journey through the realms of sorcery, wizardry, and the supernatural. It is a haven for young aspiring sorcerers and magical enthusiasts alike. The camp focuses on the captivating world of magic in movies and TV shows, providing an immersive, spellbinding experience that leaves the participants awe-struck and craving more.
The camp runs weekly and offers an unrivaled opportunity for your child to shine as the star of their own magical adventure. Under the guidance of experienced and passionate instructors, they will explore the realms of acting for film and television. They will step into the shoes of their favorite characters, learning the art of performance in front of the camera with authentic props, lights, and even a clapperboard. This is a chance for them to bring their wildest dreams to life and witness firsthand the magic of the filmmaking process.
But the magic doesn’t stop there. The campers will work closely with real scripts, honing their acting skills as they bring fantastical tales to life. From conjuring awe-inspiring illusions to mastering the art of incantations, every day will be an adventure filled with laughter, learning, and the sheer joy of exploring their own magical abilities.
The camp fosters creativity, boosts self-confidence, and nurtures a passion for the performing arts. It provides the perfect environment for those who dream of becoming the next great wizard or simply wish to unlock their imagination. The camp is rated PG-13 and is organized by Universal Talent Acting School by Ms. Woods, who brings over 20,000 hours of experience.
How to Book Ticket For The Event?
To book a ticket for the “Wizardry, Magic, Sorcery and Supernatural Themed Summer Acting Camp” on August 7th, follow these steps:
- Visit the Outschool website page for the camp.
- Scroll down to the section titled “Available times”. You should see a list of available sections with dates and times.
- Look for the section that starts on August 7th. It should be listed as “Mo, Tu, We, Th, Fr 4 – 6 PM”.
- Click on the “Enroll” button next to this section.
- Follow the prompts to complete the enrollment process, which will include providing necessary information and making a payment.
Please note that availability may change, and it’s recommended to book as soon as possible to secure your spot. Also, ensure you have an account on Outschool or create one if you don’t have it already.
The event is organized by Vivian Woods, who manages Universal Talent Film School & Agency and you can contact them on this number +1 587-582-1600
Essential Tips for Attending Wizardry, Magic, Sorcery and Supernatural Themed Acting Summer Camps in YYC
Attending an acting summer camp can be an exciting experience. Here are some tips on how to prepare for the “Wizardry, Magic, Sorcery and Supernatural Themed Summer Acting Camp”:
- What to Bring: The camp recommends that students come prepared with a notebook, highlighters, pencils, an eraser, and a pencil sharpener. They should also be able to print off the script that they are working with, or have another device that they can read the script from separate from the device they are logged into.
- What to Wear: Comfortable clothing is essential as acting often involves a lot of movement. You might also want to consider wearing layers, as indoor spaces can sometimes be cool due to air conditioning. If the camp involves any outdoor activities, be sure to bring appropriate outerwear.
- When to Arrive: It’s always a good idea to arrive a bit early, especially on the first day. This will give you time to get settled, find out where everything is, and meet the instructors and other participants. The exact start time should be provided in the camp’s schedule.
- Mental Preparation: Remember, this is a learning experience and it’s okay to make mistakes. Be open to feedback and ready to try new things. Acting requires a lot of creativity and imagination, so come ready to let loose and have fun!
- Physical Preparation: Acting can be physically demanding, so make sure you’re taking care of your body. Get plenty of sleep, eat healthy, and stay hydrated.
- Study: If you’re already familiar with the shows and movies that will be focused on in the camp, you might want to re-watch some of them to refresh your memory. If there are any you haven’t seen, consider watching them.
More to Consider
- Wanted to know About Other Events, Visit Our Event Page
- Get Comprehensive Information About Alberta on Civic Holiday